|Application Processes||Materials for Transfer Center Counselors & Directors||Miscellaneous Best Practice Initiatives|
|PowerPoint Presentations||Scholarship Handouts & Workshop Materials|
- CSU Application (PowerPoint) - Helen Ward, Coastline Community College
- CSU Application Workshop Cal State Apply (PowerPoint) - Andrea Mann, Monterey Peninsula College
- Cal State Apply Presentation March 2017 (PowerPoint) - Andrea Mann, Monterey Peninsula College
- Cal State Apply Transfer Student Application Guide (PDF) - Andrea Mann, Monterey Peninsula College
- The Common Application (PowerPoint) - Irvine Valley College
- UC Application Workshop Fall 2018 (PowerPoint) - Andrea Mann, Monterey Peninsula College
- UC Personal Insight Questions: Guide for Transfer Applicants (PDF) - Andrea Mann, Monterey Peninsula College
- UC Personal Insight Questions Workshop (PowerPoint) - Andrea Mann, Monterey Peninsula College
- Action Guide-Exploring Ways to Strengthen Student Support and Student Success at Your College.
- Basic Skills Completion: The Key to Student Success in California Community Colleges By The California Community College Basic Skills Initiative . Effective Practices for Faculty, Staff and Administrators. This report contains many examples of promising practices for integrating student services and instruction and supporting student success on through an institution-wide focus. [PDF]
- California Community College Transfer: Recommended Guidelines. (Extranet.cccco.edu)
- New CCC Transfer Center Director Training and Guidelines. (Extranet.cccco.edu)
- SB 1440 - Student Transfer Achievement Reform (STAR). Information for counselors and other transfer personnel. (.ppt)
- Transfer Basics for New Counselors (# 6 under Guidelines for CCC Transfer Center Directors) - 2015 ETS .ppt
- Transfer Day & College Night Fairs Hosted at California Community Colleges
- Transfer Day/College Night (TD/CN) is hosted by the California Education Roundtable Intersegmental Coordinating Committee (CERTICC). Comprised of campus and Systemwide representatives from California high schools, California Community College Transfer Centers, California State Universities, the Universities of California, and independent colleges and universities, Transfer Day/College Night provides your students an opportunity to find out what the universities in attendance can offer. Here are some handy links to assist you in participating and contact cohorts of the event:
- Transfer Day/College Nights Guidelines Twelfth Edition. (certicc.org)
- Transfer Day Calendar for Fall 2015 - Nor Cal
- Transfer Day Calendar for Fall 2015 - So Cal
- Northern California Host Contacts. (.xls)
- Southern California Host Contacts. (.xls)
- California Community College Student Success Task Force Archives. The Student Success Task Force has examined best practices and effective models within higher education throughout the nation to improve educational achievements here in California. (CCCCO/PolicyInAction/StudentSuccessTaskForce)
- Online Resources Center for CCC Statewide Leadership Collaborative for Industrial & Technical Education (ITE). This website and all activities conducted by the Perkins 1B funded Statewide Leadership Collaborative for Industrial and Technical Education Grant (11-0162) are funded in part by the Chancellor's Office, California Community Colleges. Website. (cccIndustrialTech)
- CCC-UC Data Sharing Program - Best Practices and Suggested Strategies. (UCOP)
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE)
- Alphabetical Listing of all current WICHE Initiatives
- State-specific WICHE Initiatives
- National Office for School Counselor Advocacy (NOSCA) Outreach Initiatives. (Collegeboard)
- Santa Monica College contributed a customizable AP CHART for use on your campus. This AP chart has been formatted so you can save it to your own PC as a .doc and modify it with your campus information.
- Butte College contributed the following:
- Don't Cancel That Class! A unique in-class presentation that affords continued classroom instruction while exposing Transfer Center Programs & Services to students.
- Transfer Talk - The Doctor Is In - A unique "open drop-in" service that provides counselors the opportunity to make contact with students and answer the student's questions about transfer while advertising the college's transfer programs, services, and events.
- Customizable Student Education Plans for transfer students that have been formatted so you can modify them with your school information.
- Generic CSU 4-semester SEP (.doc)
- Generic IGETC 4-semester SEP (.doc)
- Veteran-specific Student Education Plan (AA/AS) (.doc)
- Veteran-specific Student Education Plan (IGETC) (.doc)
- Veteran-specific Student Education Plan (CSU) (.doc)
- Mira Costa contributed:
- a great Summary of Engineering Options (.doc) that you can modify with specific screening
criteria for students in your area, thus we have posted a modifiable WORD document.
- Mobile Counseling (MC). MC is an extension of Mira Costa College Transfer Center drop-in
- Santiago Canyon College contributed the following Power Points and handouts to share:
- Pre-Law Seminar
-Check out all the workshop/presentations Santiago Canyon College offers to download.
- Santa Rosa Junior College contributed the following PPTs and handouts to share:
- Transfer Transition (.pdf)
- After Transfer Support (.pdf)
- Imperial Valley College:
- 10 Tips for Winning Scholarships - A great student handout!
- Generalized, Campus Scholarship Information - Handout.
- Santiago Canyon College: How to Get an A+ Letter of Recommendation for Scholarships - Another great student handout.
- Check out all the workshop/presentations Santiago Canyon College offers to download.
- Irvine Valley College: How to pay for College- It's Not Just College That's Expensive!