We’d like to introduce you to a new service at UC San Diego’s Career Center that will help your pre-health students transition smoothly and be prepared for the academic rigor of UC San Diego and health professional schools.
“Health Beat” is the centralized pre-health advising service at UC San Diego that helps students explore, prepare, and apply to medical school or any other health professional school. Given that transfer students have to “hit the ground running” when they arrive at UC San Diego, we want to ensure they get the information in advance so they can develop their timeline, take all of the pre-reqs, prepare for the necessary standardized exams, secure their letters of evaluation and get all of their clinical, service, and leadership experience so they are successful applicants!
Benefits of transferring to UC San Diego as a pre-health student:
- Comprehensive pre-health advising services
- 1:1 appointments
- Drop-in advising
- Transfer Transition Series workshop for pre-health transfers
- Transfers for Health Student org (mentor program for students pre-health transfers)
- Medical Education and Diverse Students Conference – suture clinics, simulation labs, workshops on timeline, preparation, interviewing, post-baccs, etc.
- Health Professional School Fair – service, clinical opportunities, and health professional schools attend
- Panels, interview and personal statement prep, application timeline and prep, socials, and more!
For general information, please visit: healthbeat.ucsd.edu
For information on pre-health transfers: healthbeat.ucsd.edu/start-here/student-info/index.html#Transfer-Students
Comments or questions, send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org