Many California State University campuses have extended their application window past December 15th. There are still several CSU options available for Fall 2021. Many campuses have sent messages already, but I wanted to make sure you have the full list of campuses. Please see further details below:
- Channel Islands – December 31, 2020
- Chico – January 15, 2021
- All First-time Freshman and non-impacted transfer programs
- Dominguez Hills – January 15, 2021
- East Bay – March 2, 2021
- Humboldt – February 28, 2021
- Los Angeles – January 19, 2021
- Except for Nursing for transfer students
- Maritime – January 15, 2021
- Monterey Bay – January 15, 2021
- Pomona –
- Hospitality Management for freshman and transfers until March 1st and
- Early Childhood Studies for transfers only until January 31st
- Sacramento – January 8, 2021
- San Bernardino – February 1, 2021
- San Francisco – non-impacted programs until January 31, 2021
- San Jose – January 8, 2021
- San Marcos – January 31, 2021
- Sonoma – January 15, 2021
- Stanislaus – February 1, 2021
In keeping with previous efforts to provide current and prospective students and families with information, clarity, and time to plan, the California State University (CSU) has announced that it is planning for an anticipated return to delivering courses primarily in-person starting with the fall 2021 term.
Application fee waivers are still available for students who qualify. Fee waivers are available to applicants pursuing their first bachelor’s degree and consider CA their permanent home. In addition, to income information, there are several fields used to determine fee waiver eligibility. To view the eligibility criteria, mistakes to avoid and the detailed Application Fee Waiver Checklist please visit: https://www2.calstate.edu/apply/paying-for-college/Pages/fee-waiver.aspx. Applicants who qualify are able to apply to up to four campuses without paying any application fees.
Application fee waiver appeals are also still available. If a student’s family has experienced a significant change in income between 2019 income, reported on their application, and 2020 they may qualify for an application fee waiver appeal. Fee waiver appeals are handled by the individual CSU campuses. The student would need to contact each campus(es) they are interested in applying. Contact information for campuses can be found at: https://www2.calstate.edu/apply/Pages/contact-a-campus.aspx. The fee waiver appeal form is available on the Application Fee Waiver site.