Residents of a WICHE state are eligible to request a reduced WUE tuition rate of 150% of the resident rate at one of the 145 participating schools in the West. Virtually all undergraduate fields are available to WUE students at participating colleges and universities. Some institutions have opened their entire curriculum on a space-available or first-come, first-serve basis; others offer only designated programs at the reduced WUE rate. Not all public institutions in every WICHE state participate in the program. WICHE's student exchange programs offer a broad range of higher education options for students each year at undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. Residents of WICHE states can gain affordable access to programs, states avoid costly and unnecessary duplication of programs and facilities allowing colleges and universities to devote their resources to improving the quality of their educational offerings.
Link(s) of the Month:
- Alphabetical Listing of all current WICHE Initiatives (# 1 under Best Practice Initiatives).
- WUE Information for Counselors(#11 under Admission Links).
- Colleges & Universities that participate in the WICHE/WUE program.
|Select a topic in this in-page menu to jump to that location.|
- Eligibility (WICHE)
- How to Apply (WICHE)
- State-specific WICHE Initiatives - Initiatives that provide support to or data from specific WICHE states.
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) Homepage
- WICHE Directory
- WUE Application Process
- WUE Eligibility Criteria
- WUE Homepage
- WUE Information for Counselors
- WUE Institutions Listing
- WUE Institutions Profile Search - Search by institution type, State, and/or degree types.
- Alphabetical Listing of all current WICHE Initiatives (WICHE)
- California & WICHE (WICHE)
- Promising Practices in Statewide Articulation & Transfer Systems. (WICHE)
- State-specific WICHE Initiatives (WICHE)
- WICHE Initiatives - Browse by interest group, priority issue, WICHE department or WICHE State. (WICHE)
WICHE Professional Student Exchange Program - For students interested in Professional Healthcare Programs (by State):
- Occupational Therapy
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Physician's Assistant
- Veterinary Medicine