We have redesigned the scholarship page with you and your students in mind by categorizing the scholarships by
need-basis so you can find the right scholarship(s) to share with your students quicker and easier!
CLICK HERE to be redirected to a collection of some fantastic Best Practices pertaining to scholarship workshops, handouts and guidelines
already conceived, developed, and provided to us by California’s community college counselors to share with you.
Link(s) of the Month: The Debt.ca International Student Loans Scholarship. Deadline: May 31, 2013
|Special Needs Based Scholarships|
- The Debt.ca International Student Loans Scholarship. The Student Loan Scholarship Program will award $500 to two qualifying students with the most thought-provoking and well-reasoned essay as judged by a panel of Debt.ca staff members. Deadline to submit your essay is May 31st, 2013 before 5 p.m. PST. More ... 2013 - NEW!
- Gates Foundation Scholarships. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation support eight scholarship programs. You can learn about eligibility and how to apply by contacting each program directly.
- Gates Millennium Scholar Program: The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Program selects 1,000 talented students each year to receive a good-through-graduation scholarship to use at any college or university of their choice. Application period is open in August. More ...
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship: The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship honors excellence by supporting outstanding community college students with financial need to transfer to and complete their bachelor’s degrees at the nation’s top four-year colleges and universities. More ...
Renaissance Scholar Application for Foster Youth at Cal Poly, Pomona. Students must demonstrate:
- High motivation and academic potential to succeed in college
- Must be a current or former foster youth between the ages of 17-24
- Qualify for admission to Cal State Polytechnic University, Pomona as a freshman or transfer student:
- Qualify for EOP (Educational Opportunity Program). Applications are generally available in January. More ... (CPP)
- Student Scholarship for Single Parents. A $10,000 scholarship will be awarded to a single parent who is enrolled in an accredited online post-secondary institution. The scholarship will help pay for non-tuition related living expenses. (OnlineColleges) Applications are generally available in August. More ...
- USLO's student entrepreneur scholarship. USLeaseOption.com is proud to announce its first scholarship helping one promising student entrepreneur help pay for his or her higher education. The scholarships are intended to provide recognition financial assistance and recognition to qualified minority student entrepreneurs who have started, plan to start, or are interested in starting a business while enrolled in college. Applications must be received by April 15th. More ... 2013 - NEW!
- Critical Systems Inc. Breakthrough Technology Scholarship. Critical Systems is now offering the Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to 3rd or 4th year engineering/science students pursuing a career in Semiconductor and related specialty areas such as Nanotechnology, MEMS, Solar PV, Thin Film, or other advanced technologies. There are currently 2 scholarships being awarded annually – one Summer Award, and one Winter Award. Each scholarship award is for $1000. The purpose is to help those students to meet the financial requirements as they pursue their degree, over and above any financial aid or other scholarships that they may receive. Submission periods are generally open in June and in September. Amount: $1,000.00. More ... 2013 - NEW!
- Future Dentist Scholarship Fund. Students must write an essay on the topic of what they think their greatest challenge will be as they enter the dental profession. Amount: Two $500.00 awards. Application deadlines are generally in June. 2013 - NEW!
Honors Society (PTK) announces three scholarships now available:
- The All-USA Community College Academic Team
- The Jeanette Rankin Foundation Scholarship
- Pearson Prize for Higher Education
Click on the $ at the bottom left of the webpage to review the eligibility requirements, application deadlines, and application procedures. (PTK)
- PG&E Brightminds Scholarship. PG&E is awarding up to $1 million in scholarships ranging from $2,500 to $30,000!
- Search for Scholarships. (TheSearchForScholarships) (Blog)
- Society of women Engineers. The application for sophomores through graduate students is typically available December 1st through February 15th. For freshmen: March 1st through May 15th. (SWE)
- UC Berkeley TAAP Scholarship. (Plus a Laptop!)
- 51 NEW Scholarship Links. A large amount of scholarship money that has been set aside by companies for deserving minority students are either collecting dust of or being returned to businesses because of a lack of interest. The following is a list of scholarships and their Web addresses to pass along to friends and family members with college-bound kids so that this free money will not go to waste.
- A detailed HACU Scholarship Resource List - provided by Imperial Valley College
- American Dream Scholarship Program. (SallieMae)
- Black College Dollars. (SallieMae)
- California Wine Grape Growers Foundation
- Chicana/Latina Foundation
- Community College Transfer Scholarships. (SallieMae)
- First in My Family Scholarship. (SallieMae)
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities Scholarships. (HACU)
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund. (HSF)
- Latino College Dollars. (LatinoCollegeDollars)
- Liberty Hill Scholarship & Stipend Programs
- UNCF Scholarship Programs. The UNCF Program Services Department manages various scholarship programs. Each program has its own eligibility criteria, open/close dates, and required documentation. To apply for a UNCF scholarship, you must apply through the on-line application process. (UNCF)
- USLeaseOption.com - is proud to announce its first scholarship helping one promising student entrepreneur help pay for his or her higher education. Award: $1000 Cash to be used for any expense the student wishes. The scholarship will be chosen by June 1st, 2013 and the winner will be contacted directly. 2013 - NEW!
- Writers of Passage Scholarship. (SallieMae)
WyzAnt College Scholarships - Multiple prizes ($2,000, $3,000, and $10,000) are up for grabs in this essay writing contest on the topic of making an impact with your education. The deadline is May 1st (it's a yearly scholarship, so worth putting even if it's too late). 2013 - NEW!
- College Board Scholarship Search. (CollegeBoard)
- College Scholarships. (CollegeScholarships)
- College-to-Careers Scholarships. (College-to-Careers)
- College Toolkit. (CollegeToolkit)
- Fastweb. (Fastweb)
- Finance Comparison. (FinanceComparison)
- Finding Money for College. (FindingMoney)
- Guaranteed Scholarships. (GuaranteedScholarships)
- Scholarship Help. (ScholarshipHelp)
- The Education Corner. College Scholarships, Grants and Fellowships (educationCorner)
- Scholarship Search. (Scholarships)
The following links were provided to us by the Pathway to Empowerment Upward Bound students in Denver Colorado to share with your transfer students. NEW SECTION!
- Cash for College: Tax-Free 529 Plans
- Deduction for Higher Education Q & A
- Do You Have to Claim Pell Grant Money on Your Taxes?
- Guide to Educational Taxes and Deductions
- Take advantage of Two Education Tax Credits
The Lowdown on Education Tax Breaks: such as...
- The American Opportunity Tax Credit
- The Lifetime Learning Credit
- And other Tax Breaks