WICHE and WUE Program Links
Page Last Updated: 2014-04-09
What is the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)? If you are a resident of a WICHE state, you are eligible to request a reduced WUE tuition rate of 150% of the resident rate at one of the 145 participating schools in the West. WICHE states include
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, N. Dakota, Oregon, S. Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Virtually all undergraduate fields are available to WUE students at participating colleges and universities. Some institutions have opened their entire curriculum on a space-available or first-come, first-serve basis; others offer only designated programs at the reduced WUE rate. Currently, some 145 public institutions participate in WUE; not all public institutions in every WICHE state participate in the program. WICHE's student exchange programs offer a broad range of higher education options for students each year at undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. Residents of WICHE states can gain affordable access to programs, states avoid costly and unnecessary duplication of programs and facilities, and colleges and universities can devote their resources to improving the quality of their educational offerings.
Link(s) of the Month:
*** Alphabetical Listing of all current WICHE Initiatives (WICHE) (# 1 under Best Practice Initiatives).
*** WUE Information for Counselors (WUE) (#11 under Admission Links).
|Admission Links||Major-Related Links|
|Best Practices Initiatives||Statistics|
- Eligibility (WICHE)
- How to Apply (WICHE)
- State-specific WICHE Initiatives - Initiatives that provide support to or data from specific WICHE states.
- Tips on how to Transfer from a California College to an Out-of-State College (eHow)
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) Homepage
- WICHE Directory
- WICHE Western States Profiles
- WUE Application Process
- WUE Eligibility Criteria
- WUE Homepage
- WUE Information for Counselors
- WUE Institutions Listing
- WUE Institutions Profile Search - Search by institution type, State, and/or degree types.
Best Practice Initiatives
- Alphabetical Listing of all current WICHE Initiatives (WICHE)
- California & WICHE (WICHE)
- Promising Practices in Statewide Articulation & Transfer Systems. (WICHE)
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE)
- State-specific WICHE Initiatives (WICHE)
- WICHE Initiatives - Browse by interest group, priority issue, WICHE department or WICHE State. (WICHE)
WICHE Professional Student Exchange Program - For students interested in Professional Healthcare Programs (by State):
- Occupational Therapy
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Physician's Assistant
- Veterinary Medicine